It’s been a couple weeks since our last update, but the build did go on last week and the big news from last week is our engine has been pulled from the C150, and is now sitting next to the 750!
It still has to be gone through before we can mount it…and we need our engine mount yet, but it’s cool to see it sitting there waiting!
Last week the main items worked on were the rudder cable fairings and the UHMW plastic blocks that will serve as rub pads for the control cables where they pass through the empennage.
This week I had a larger than usual crew (it’s getting colder!) and while we have plenty to do, finding room for each task to be worked on is the real challenge. We were able to work around the space issue and motivation was flowing!
Up front work was being done on the lower longeron where the engine mount gussets on the inside of the cabin get attached to. We made a booboo by drilling too many holes and one with and edge distance issue, so we are replacing that piece.
They used a scrap piece of acrylic to test the drill bits on before moving to the real thing. We didn’t quite get to drilling the roof glass, but come Saturday we will be working on marking that task off.
Dick and I worked on the top vertical fin fairing.